Wednesday, November 2, 2011

On the road again

A thought from Mitch!

I think it was a Willie Nelson song song that said it best: On the road again. As I look back on today that is what it feels like. As we find a baseline for PJ going forward I think that this may be our theme for the upcoming year. And ya know what, that is just fine. This is what God has blessed us with and I'm not going to complain. Heather and I are so thankful to have PJ, no matter the circumstances. However, every day that we're on the road we sure do miss our ham of a son: Daniel.
I'm so thankful to have had this time off from work, 6 wks, to find our groove. I think that we've found our groove with PJ and Daniel at home. On the road is another matter. When Heather and I were first married we were able to travel hundreds of miles on end. The only thing that would stop us was my tiny bladder. When Daniel came along we knocked the mileage back a bit. With PJ its interesting. We're still able to travel the distance we did with Daniel, now we just have to manage our errands. For instance today. We arrived in Reno, NV and went to a store for some belated birthday shopping and immediately had to cath PJ. Which is becoming easier and easier at home. Thanks to Heather it was surprisingly easy on the road. Let me give you an example because I think in this case a picture does speak 1000 words.

Or better yet two pictures speaks 2000 words.
Wipes are essential so are diapers, disposable caths, diaper cream, special powder so his buns don't get too sore.

(This is what I call our "GO BAG" it has everything we need to cath and or change a dressing. God Bless Heather and her forethought. God knew what he was doing putting us together. I forget and she remembers. Sorry honey!)
These pictures dont' do justice to the mobile cathing station Heather was able to set up while I cathed. Honestly it was like she was Meredith Gray and I was Dr. McDreamy in the operating room on the tv show Gray's Anatomy. (Ok so I know I'm reaching. Maybe I'm not McDreamy. Maybe I'm McSteamy. Ha ha yeah, that's it. JK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
After a cathing PJ in the family bathroom at Scheels sports store it was onto a staple, just a notch below Chipotle, and that was Chilli's, thanks mom. Then PJ had to eat. Then off to check into our hotel. Then its time to eat again. Then onto Dinner, Claim Jumper. Oh so delicious! Good home cooked food. (Why are most of my blogs about food.) Anyways I don't know if I've ever seen this, but Heather gave PJ a bottle and and tried, unsuccessfully to cut her own food. We took turns in the middle of dinner holding him and trying to woo him back to sleep.
After dinner it was onto Costco so that we could buy in bulk and save. (In two weeks we went through almost 500 wipes) God Bless wholesale!
So as I sit in bed watching X Factor and I look over I see my lovely wife and one of my two amazing sons and I realize that whether were on the road or at home I'm blessed. Whether we make it 1000 miles in a day or 50 I'm blessed. (Ok, 50 miles in a day with 500 or more to go would be ridiculous) Thank you Lord for a PERFECT Help Mate in Heather and two wonderful sons with individual personalities and needs in Daniel and PJ.



PJ this morning doing what he does best, RELAXING!
Again, more relaxing. This time he's taking it serious!


So far PJ's mastered sleeping, eating, and RELAXING!


Anyway, friends, and family I should wrap this thing up and get some sleep while I can. I bet once my head hits the pillow he'll wake up hungry. Before I forget I do want to say one thing. Thank you! Thank you to those of you that have been part of God's blessing in supporting us financially as we travel and most importantly thank you to our team of prayer warriors. We know that when we travel Daniel is wrapped in prayer at home and so are we as we. So again from the bottom of my heart thank you so much. These words don't do it justice, but I'll say it again: Thank you!
Ok enough mushy stuff. :) This is me handing the blog back over to Heather. Thanks honey for letting me drop your ratings every now and then. Love ya!

No comments: