Wednesday, January 12, 2011

NyQuil is my friend!

I feel like Daniel and I are walking magnets for the cold!  Everytime I get a cold I can't breathe at night, so I thought that last night I would take some NyQuil.  Not even a half hour after I took it, I looked at Mitch and told him "I think I need to lay down"  ha!  I remember getting into bed, but nothing after that! That stuff works wonders!  Now, I think I need to advise that we shouldn't abuse it or use it too frequently (for obvious reasons).  So, today we are taking it easy and just doing things around the house.  Daniel is playing in his room while I write this.  Well, I need to be honest.  I sent him in there because he painted on my nice table clothe.Thank goodness it's washable paints, BUT STILL!  Now I have to wash it! Wah! :-)
change.of.subject.
A couple years ago I read this book called The Power of a Praying Wife.  It is A-W-E-S-O-M-E.  It kicked by behind in the first few pages.  They also have The Power of a Praying Husband.  It's by a woman named Stormie Omartian.  I highly suggest it.  Well, amidst the move last year I think I lost that book...maybe, it may be in a box somewhere (don't judge, you know stuff stays in boxes for years after you move!).  Mitch's mom got me that book and she also got me The Power of a Praying Parent.  Oh.my.goodness....can you say AMAZING?!  Mitch and I often pray for Daniel's salvation.  We pray that Daniel would come to know Jesus Christ as his Savior, but there is so much more that we need to be praying for.  Mitch's mom once told me it's never too early to start praying for Daniel's future spouse...how true!  She said that he prayed for Mitch's spouse when Mitch was just a child.  It's kind of neat to think that someone was out there praying for me that I didn't even know!  We need to be praying not only for their salvation (most importantly) but also for things like peer pressure, rebellion (holding my breathe!), relationships, school, sprititual growth...just to name a few.  I challenge you guys to be praying for your kids in that area as I try to be obedient to God and pray for Daniel in that way.  We also need to be praying for each other's kids too.  I know it seems like a lot to be praying about, but to have that army of people praying for your child and other kids, that sounds awesome doesn't it?! 
Well, those of you Nevadan's, enjoy the snow today...it's supposed to be 50 by the weekend, so it won't last long.  Don't waste your time shoveling ;-)

2 comments:

The Albrecht's said...

Thinking about you this morning! Love you! Hope you have a great great day!

Amber

Barbie said...

You got it Heather! Love Stormie. She helps with prayer. The words she says are just what I feel. I think I will pull that book out again to pray for my Greta and Hayden. I have been praying for their spouse also. Love you Barbie