Thursday, December 15, 2011

Christmas Time!

As I said in my last post, Daniel sang at the senior center.  My goodness, these kids couldn't get any cuter! I give the teachers tons of credit because these kids aren't always easy to wrangle up.  Daniel was initially standing next to his buddies, but had to be moved because he couldn't keep his hands to himself. :-\   That meant that I had to find a new spot to take pictures because he got moved, which wasn't easy.  I finally found a good spot to sit and take pictures and videos of Daniel, although I probably was in somebody's way. oops.   He sang really good, despite the girl next to him shouting the songs the whole time.  His face was priceless!  I really wanted to post a video of him singing, but it wasn't working.  The video captured him singing a song and yawning and stretching in the middle of it.  It was hilarious! 


Santa Claus surprised all the kids at the end and it was so fun to see their surprise and excitement.  He jingled bells and walked in saying the traditional , "HO! HO! HO!"...Daniel was so shocked!  As you can see in the picture below, Daniel didn't know what to do or say when he meant Santa Claus!

He made sure when it was his turn to meet Santa that he told him what he wanted for Christmas.  He asked me before he sat on his lap if he could ask him for 2 things.  I told him to go for it and give it a try...you never know!  He asked for a Cars 2 movie and Slinkey Dog...let's hope Santa can deliver!! ha! :-)

We've been busy with school, Cubbies, work, and the annual work Christmas parties for work.  It's been fun, but this time of year gets so busy!  Somehow, I'm trying to maintain some sense of routine.  Thankfully, we've been able to maintain our sanity to continue to enjoy this time of year.

Daniel finally was able to feed PJ.  He fed him the whole bottle and did very good!  He's a great big bro!


Since our sugar cookies from last week have lost their satisfaction in this house, we had to make chocolate covered pretzels.  Those have NOT lost their satisfaction! :-)  Daniel was a great helper!  As you can see in the picture, he was the sprinkle king!  I'm sure you can guess which ones he decorated!!

PJ is all smiles lately.  It's so FUN!  He absolutely loves the changing table.  I think it's partially because he loves loves loves to be out of his clothes.  He is one happy boy just hanging around in a diaper.  His smiles have progressed to full-faced, joy-filled smiles and they absolutely are worth the work in getting them sometimes!  He sure is growing and I am holding on tight to each bottle-feed, snuggle session, and diaper change that I can!  It is zipping by already!  Can you believe that he is 10 weeks already? I feel like saying 2 1/2 months is too much for me so I am still hanging on to the weeks!
The two pictures below show his relief and happiness being clothes-free!

I'm going over to my mom's today to make the very sinful Gobs that we make a couple times of year.  Picture this:  soft chocolate patties/cupcake tops filled with creamy white filling....mmmm....such a treat and I lose all will power when it comes to those!  It's an Amish recipe that we have been making for years!  Maybe one day, you can all be honored in having one! ha!

2 comments:

Andy and Kendra Anderson said...

Filled with cuteness as always!! I wanna come make gobs!! You just might have to save me one...or two... :) I love PJ's smiles lately--they stretch from ear to ear! Handsome boys!

Amy Lyttle said...

Loved this post. When you really stop and look at the "normal" days, you realize how blessed you are!

My son, Evan, also 5, just accepted Jesus as his Savior too, on the 10th. Sounds like a very similar conversation. What a privilege, as a parent, to be part of that!