Thursday, December 29, 2011

Back to the usual!

Today was a depressing day in our house...we took all the Christmas decorations down...even the tree.  Daniel helped by taking all the ornaments off the tree and he kept telling me how sad he was that Christmas was over and that we wouldn't see these decorations for another year!  It is kind of sad when you think about it.  But, I guess that's what makes Christmas so special right?
We had a great Christmas season this year.  It's been fun to re-live those Christmas traditions through Daniel and we've even started some new traditions this year.  It's been fun.  We have had quite the year and it feels as though we are ending 2011 appropriately. 
Christmas Eve was spent running around town to every store imaginable getting those last minute food items for Christmas dinner, that roll of tape that you need for that one stinkin' present, and a few more stocking stuffers.  I thought that just maybe we could have a relaxing Christmas Eve...but, no.  It was spent running around like a mad woman trying to get everything done before the Christmas Eve service at church.  I guess that adds a little to the excitement of Christmas?!  The Christmas Eve service was nice at church.  My dad and I sang a song together, which was really special.  It was nice to do something just him and I.  We sang "When Love Was Born" by Mark Shultz.  I have to say, I was SO nervous.  Growing up singing in the church you would think I would be used to it by now, but nope...the nerves still kick in every time!  After the service, we came home, got into our jammies and got back into the car to go look at Christmas lights.  Of course, that HAD to include going the the Jack in the Box drive thru to get hot fries and a drink!  We drove around and looked at lights for a while then headed home to open packages that we had received in the mail.  That's always fun.  We feel so loved and blessed because our family always sends us the most thoughtful gifts.  I always look forward to that. :-)  Once we did that, Daniel went to bed and we stayed up to finish some "last minute" things.  I think we finally went to bed around midnight only to be awaken by a overly-excited 4 year old ready to dig in to what Santa brought him! 


After we spent the morning opening gifts and indulging in cinnamon roll goodness we lazed around and enjoyed spending time together before we headed to my parents' house for Christmas with the family.

All in all, Christmas was great this year.  Teaching Daniel the true meaning of the season we enjoy so much.  Rejoicing in our Savior's birth and being thankful for God's mercy and grace.  We have so much to celebrate around this time of year.

I hope Christmas was great for you all.  I thought I'd include some more pics for your enjoyment!



PJ spending some quality time with daddy.


Daniel and his light-bright masterpiece!


PJ working on a big burp Christmas morning...I think we're feeding him enough...just look at those chubby hands!

Daniel giving PJ his gift from him.  He was so excited to give it to him.  He knew exactly what he wanted to give him for Christmas.  Can you see how much PJ loves his big brother?!

I think PJ is going to have to warm up to the teddy bear...he's not to sure about it yet!


Our biggest and most special gift this year is our PJ


Grandma Marsha sent PJ this hat for Christmas...isn't he a stud in it?!


 Daniel and PJ. 



1 comment:

Jen Anderson said...

Such sweet photos of a beautiful family! Love you guys!!!