Thursday, September 1, 2011

My little boy is growing up!

You know what's weird?  Remembering being a 4 year old myself and having certain memories and knowing that my son is creating memories that he will actually remember when he is older too.  Yesterday he started soccer.  I can't believe my son is on an actual organized sport's team.  They are super cute too.  They don't have a name yet. I think maybe once they receive their jerseys next week they will all decide on a name.  I was so proud of Daniel yesterday.  He is so considerate of others, even those he is playing against!  I've never met another boy that is so considerate and thoughtful of others.  I could go on and on!  I could tell that he remembered what he and Mitch had been learning in the backyard.  Mitch is so good about playing with Daniel outside, whether that be soccer, baseball, playing catch, or hunting for bugs.  Daniel even assisted in cutting down a few trees in the backyard this week.  He is Mitch's shadow, for sure.  Daniel starts school next week (pre-k) and it is 3 days a week.  His schedule is starting to get full.  He has school, cubbies, and soccer.  We aren't signing up for anything else!  He's pretty excited that he gets to go back to school and see his teachers and friends.  As reluctant as I get to let him go, even if it's just a little bit, I know that this is going to help him tremendously.  Especially with everything we have coming up, he needs something that is his own.  Also, knowing that kindergarten is all day now, he needs to have a little bit of practice before then. 
It's hard letting him grow up.  He is always wherever I am and the thought of not having him right behind me all the time makes me sad.  I know these are precious days and they are going by faster and faster and I am digging in my heals to make them slow down!



This soccer stuff is hard work!

1 comment:

The Albrecht's said...

Oh my word, he looks so grown up out in that field! I'm not looking forward to these growing up years. So sad how fast it goes by! Before I know it Ty will be shooting hoops with his dad in the driveway! Thinking of you and wish I could see you!
Hugs and kisses
Amber