Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Will there be Chipotle in heaven?

Warning!!!! Aaaaoooooga!!!!! Warning!!!!! Aaaaooooga!!!! Spoiler Alert!!!!!
Disclaimer: Heather doesn't want me tarnishing her blogging reputation, which I don't blame her for. For those of you that hoping for a blog from Heather, you're in the wrong spot cause I'm taking over this blog... then the world. ha ha ha ha! For those of you that haven't figured this out its Mitchell writing.
There honey is that sufficient enough. Do you think people will know its me? I love you Heather!
Ok everyone enjoy the blog.





A picture of a Chipotle Burrito
Good morning, afternoon, or evening depending on when you're reading of course...
First, let me explain the title. For those of you that don't know about Chipotle allow me a few sentences to tell you how much you're missing out. Chipotle is half fast food half gourmet burrito. Heather and I began eating it back in college and haven't stopped since. We have, however, slowed down because big shocker... Winnemucca doesn't have one. And oh yeah, neither does Reno. Anyway when we travel we make a point to get to one. 72 hrs in San Fran and we've been twice already. The above photo is a stock photo ripped from the internet. I thought we had one in our archives, but I was wrong. Regardless that explains Chipotle. Anytime you're in a big city you need to get to one. Those that have been understand why it has a cult like following.
Heather and I came down this week prior to the birth so that in case we had complications or went into labor we would be right here. Daniel stayed in Winnemucca and will join us later. We've been hanging out in a cool area on the outskirts of San Francisco called Burlingame, CA. It has a small town anywhere USA feel with cute store fronts and novelty shops. Tons of fun. It's Heather and I's little secret.
Heather and I have been talking about how much we miss our little guy. You don't realize until you're away how much you miss just simple things like talking to your children. Also with a child present there is always something to do. So our challenge has been to fill the time.
Yesterday we bought a new camera. The one we wanted was out of stock so we settled for a different one. The closest store that had the camera we wanted was over an hour away. Or so we were told. After lots of urging I told Heather we weren't going to be happy settling like that. Off to San Jose we went. Turns out San Jose was a short 39 miles away. Well... it was probably more like 45 or more miles after you include the circuitous route we took through Cupertino. Cupertino for those of you that don't know is the worldwide headquarters of Apple computers. It was kind of cool because for the first 4 blocks off of the freeway were all Apple buildings. Some of the buildings were four and five stories tall. But wouldn't you know it the most important thing we found in Cupertino wasn't Steve Jobs, Steve Wozniak, or Ronald Wayne, the founders of Apple, but a Chipotle. Ha ha
After we exchanged our camera for the one we wanted it was back to the hotel to rest. Once Heather had napped and was feeling rested we wanted to check out our new camera. I'm sure that in one of Jen's books on photography there is a chapter on finding a subject. Having a child like ours provides so much subject material. Daniel is always striking poses without prompting. Gee, I wonder where he gets it from. (See photo below) All that being said with very little subject material things get goofy quick. (Again, see photo below)


Man that picture is so cheesy. Just call me cheddar! Ha ha.

View from the hotel. Yes, we are that close to the beach. Heather booked us in the Penthouse suite with a killer view. That is if you discount the 75 feet of asphalt and the rental car return lot obscuring your view. In all seriousness Heather did a good job sniffing out this deal. Its economical and also close to the water and Daly City and Burlingame. Two cities we like. There is a seaside trail directly behind our hotel that I've walked and run. Good work Honey. Soon my view will be hospital beds and old guys untied hospital gowns. Yuck! Ok, well enough rambling. I hope this cheesy post doesn't upset the censor, Heather, and keep me from posting again.
Until next time,
Cheers,
Mitchell


5 comments:

Jen Anderson said...

Nice Mitch. I like how the first 2937493027 sentences were about burritos.

When we all went to SF a couple years ago, that's where Kyle and I stayed -- in Burlingame. Isn't is beautiful?! We walked up and down that little street with the shops a few times and had coffee and doughnuts. Such a nice little area. It really does have that small-town feel to it!
I'm glad you got yourselves a nice camera -- you're going to have so much fun with it! Love you both and miss you a ton. I'm forgiving the lack of texts because I figured you were busy either 1. eating fajita burritos from Chipotle, or 2. sleeping. I WAS SO RIGHT. You guys are totally predictable. haha

Can't wait to see you next week! NEXT WEEK!!!!!! So exciting :D

HintonFamily said...

Well Jen, you are correct that little street is so cute. And way to put us on front street. I didn't want the world, or Heather's doctors knowing we enjoyed the finest things that street had to offer: Coffee and DONUTS!!!

HintonFamily said...

We can't wait either!

Andy and Kendra Anderson said...

You will be sure to point us in the direction of the closest Chipotle once we arrive. :)
The boys have a little countdown going and in Austin's words: "I wish it would just hurry up and get here!" Keep resting and having some fun adventures!! (nice posts btw Mitch...agree with Jen, it was like you were standing right here telling us the stories!)

shanamurdock said...

Alright! I am all caught up on the blog! Love the pic of you guys on the beach and Daniel in all his super hereo awesome-ness. It was sure a cool evening here. How nice it will be to come home to the cool, crisp orange and red colors of fall. I can't wait...for you guys to get home that is, and fall too. :) Hooray for baby day tomorrow!