Friday, December 10, 2010

Holiday Treats...mmmm....

So, Christmas is in full-force with it's baking goodness in tow!  Today I had to make 6 dozen cookies for the police wive's cookie exchange tomorrow...and I also had to make a holiday entree for tonight's women's Christmas party at the church.  I haven't made any Christmas cookies for us three yet...I think I might have Daniel help me with some good sugar cookies on Sunday (recipe courtesy of my amazing Grandma Beth).  I feel like the time is slipping away, and I better have a good excuse for the "holiday pounds"...haha!
Ever since the holiday extravaganza at church (think dozens of women, crafts, FOOD) I have been a slave to this white chocolate kettle corn.  I wish it wasn't so easy to make, because then, maybe we wouldn't be devouring it like mad!  Ah well...New Years is right around the corner, time to make that good ol' resolution of losing weight right?!
Daniel is so excited about Christmas!  Last week he wrote a letter to Santa that consisted of a whole bunch of e's, o's, D's, and A's....But he told me what it said.  Maybe he knows another language and isn't filling me in on the translation, but supposedly it said that he wants and Leapster and a Buzz Lightyear gun.  Who knew a 3 year old could write fluently in another language! ha!  He is into decorating with me, which I love, but also doing the outside stuff with Mitch too.  A good balance I say!  Mitch has been working so much lately that I have had a lot of time one on one with Daniel, and it has been great.  He is definitely growing up too quickly for me.  Which makes me ponder quitting work until he goes to kindergarten.  That's only a 1 1/2 years away folks!  Since when do I have such a big boy?!

No comments: