Sunday, December 19, 2010

Time to Rest!

phew!  This has been a long and crazy week! 
Daniel is finally feeling better.  We were going to take him to the dr. on Thursday, but he woke up totally fine.  He didn't have to get up Wednesday night to throw up and he actually had an appetite and was looking/feeling a lot better.  So, I cancelled that appt. and we decided that we were going to for sure go to Reno and get some shopping done.  We NEEDED to go!  We had fun in Reno.  We got a free hotel room (yay!) and were actually on the road back home by 12:30 because the weather was getting bad and we wanted to get home in the daylight.  We saw about 5 or 6 rolled cars in the canyon (for those of you who don't know it's about 25ish miles long of a canyon).  So, we were super stressed the whole drive...wait wait wait...let me rephrase.... "I" was super stressed the whole drive home.  Even though we have a truck doesn't mean you can drive like a crazy person in the snow!  I told Mitch that we had to drive like 55 or my blood pressure would go nuts! haha!  He really puts up with a lot from me!
So, this coming week is going to consist of wrapping presents, maybe baking a few more goodies, and really enjoying this Christmas season.  I have really been enjoying singing Christmas songs at church...and who says you can't sing them all year long, right?!  God is so great that He sent His son, as a baby, to pay our debt that he didn't need to do, but loved us so much He sent His OWN son to do it! Wow! 
I hope all of you are finding time to get everything done on this last stretch of the Christmas season.  Take it all in and take some time for yourself to eat a cookie or two, drink some tea, and RELAX!  Trust me, I've been doing it!! ha!

No comments: