Sunday, October 23, 2011

We had twins, one was just born 4 1/2 years before the other

Hey everybody, its Mitchell.
Quick update for everyone. PJ's back is looking good and his head circumference is staying close to where it was at. (Normal newborn growth is 1/2 to 1 cm per week.) PJs fontenelle, the soft spot on the head, is still soft as well. All good signs. Heather and I are in way letting our guard down, we measure his head and keep an eye out fo the other signs the doctors told us about it.
We are adjusting to life with two kids. I know without a shadow of a doubt that God gave us Daniel for a special reason and I am now seeing that come to fruition. Daniel is the most gentle hearted kid I've ever met. I really thought he couldn't get any sweeter, but he did. If someone needs a toy or is without he goes and makes sure they are ok. So cute! (I know he's not perfect, but he is sweet.) So Daniel's gentle heart has shown itself in spades with PJ. Daniel is quick to help with diaper changing and cathing. Daniel loves his role as dirty diaper disposer and binky patrol. He is also quick comfort him if he's screaming. What a sweet big brother.


Ok, so onto the title of the blog...
Heather and I were so enamoured with PJ when he was born, as we were with Daniel. The nurse's asked us if PJ looked like our other son. We told them no way. Heather and I got to thinking and wondering. Well we pulled out the computer and asked a couple of our favorite nurses, they know who they are, and each of them picked out Daniel's photos from birth and said they were PJ. Finally we realized my goodness they could be twins.

We'll let you be the judge in these photos.
Take your best guess

1.

2.

3.


4.


5.



6.




Shame on you if you cheated. JK I'm sure most of you knew without the answer key, but for those of you that didn't know 1, 2, 3, and 5 are Daniel. 4 and 6 are PJ. I obviously know they don't look like identical twins, but there are some striking similarities.

1 comment:

Jen Anderson said...

what's really awesome is seeing those similarities come through even more as they grow up, and most might be things that only you and Heather will see. I see similar traits between my girls as well but they're probably things only a mother notices! It's like a special little "thing" between you and your kids.

And I was thinking about your guys' situation the other day and how amazing God is with the whole timing thing. PJ was obviously meant to be your son and you guys his parents. The timing of it all blows me away. He waited to give you PJ until Daniel was old enough to be able to help you! Daniel is at an age where he can understand to a point that PJ has higher needs but he's still young enough to maintain that innocence of a child that is so important. It's just amazing!!!
I mean.. can you imaging having PJ two years ago when Daniel was only 2 1/2? That would have made things a lot tougher on all of you I think!
Love you guys!!